Herbs for Anxiety

I realise I've not posted here for ages. I've simply not felt the need.

I am changing - I am having to change in order to survive and thrive.

Anxiety and depression have got the better of me, and to that end, I've been attending a Mindfulness class every couple of weeks. It's great, but I felt like I still needed something extra to get my mind and mood into a better place so I went to a friend who is a herbalist.

The alternative would be prescribed anti-depressants from my doctor with the possibility of side-effects and addiction. I not ruled that option out, but I'm keen to try more natural approaches first

So I've been given some herbal preparations and some 'exercises'. The exercises, which I'll explore later on, are geared towards getting my mind into a more positive place - one of my 'problems' is that I have taken a very negative view on some things, and have struggled to see positives. Elements of this blog reflect that, and I will be going back over some of the old negative posts and removing them.

Anyway, I'll write more on a future blog post, for the moment, here's what I'm working with, herbally speaking.

Medicines

By Johann Georg Sturm (Painter: Jacob Sturm) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
By Johann Georg Sturm (Painter: Jacob Sturm)
[Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
Tonic: comprised of 2 parts Vervain (adrenal support), 2 parts Nettle (blood cleanser, adrenal support), 1 part SJW (nervine), 1 part Evening Primrose (for stress with digestive issues), 1 part Motherwort (nervine). Dose 1 tsp 3 times a day.

Scullcap: 1 dropperful under the tongue for the 'screaming habdab' moments. Not more than 3 times a day.

"I don't give a shit" tea: 1 tsp or 1 pinch of vervain, chamomile and lemon balm. Infuse in just boiled water for 10 minutes, strain and drink. Not more than twice a day. Recommended to be taken after work.

Nettle Seed: 1 - 2 tsp each day (on porridge?) for adrenal support.

Search out some Yarrow (which I have in my garden) and take a piece around with you to help boundary issues (where you stop and other people/things start).

In addition to the herbal medicines, I've also been given some things to think about and some journalling tasks - more on that soon...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life, the universe...

My wooden bowl